Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Goals


We are already (almost) a week in to the New Year already! I’m not going to be totally cliché and say how it feels like “just yesterday” we were starting 2013, because honestly it doesn’t. This year has been crazy. Looking back at pictures, mainly of Harper, it does seem like it went by very quickly. I’ve shed a tear or two thinking about how much she has grown in such a short amount of time. But so many amazing (and not so amazing!) things have happened in a year, as a family we are so far from where we were last year! I wanted to share some of my personal goals for this year. Settle in with that hot drink, this is going to be a little word-y.



i. This may seem like a silly goal to most/all of you, but I seriously NEVER made the bed growing up, like, ever. I hated doing it. I probably just spend too much time looking at pictures of other people’s bedrooms (creepy?) but it makes the room look so much more together. If I can walk into a room and not feel the chaos, it’s a win in my book. So, 30 days makes a habit, and I’m going to try and keep it up!

ii.      This one isn’t a diet related goal, at all. It’s more of a financial/stop-being-a-gluttonous-pig goal. Nick and I both eat crazy serving sizes! Like, if an extra large pizza can barely cover dinner, you’ve got a problem. Well, we have a problem. We just really like to eat! I want to start cutting out seconds, and having left-overs to save some money (ok, and it will undeniably help the waistline but that’s 100% afterthought!)

iii.  I need to get better at this too. I like to read, but I’ve found my attention span just isn’t what it used to be. I need to work on focusing more, and I think reading a good book is a great way to do that! I’ve read a few in the past couple months that are part of a series, so I plan to continue with those.

iv.      Harper and I actually went on quite a few walks, especially when it isn’t -8 degrees out! Once we’re moved in and live in a neighborhood instead of off a busy freeway, I’d like taking walks to be a daily thing.

v. I love Belle Isle! I actually only went, maybe, 5 times this year. I’m excited that it is now owned by the state. Hopefully that means the bathrooms will be open! Ha! I’d like to get a bike seat or trailer for Harper to ride on, so that we can ride around the island. Definitely would like to go at least once a month this year.

vi.      This is an ongoing goal for me. Notice the earlier mentioning of how I need to “work on focusing more”. Yeah. I am the best at finding projects that I want to do, and starting new projects. Just not so great at finishing them. I think part of this is if something isn’t turning out the way I had pictured, I have a tendency to abandon it, but not get rid of it. I’m getting better at letting stuff go and therefore having less unfinished projects lying around.


Well, there you have it! I’m sure there are a bunch of other things that I’ll work on changing throughout this year, but these are things that really stuck out in my head as far as personal growth goes. Obviously, this list doesn’t include any of the house projects that we’re planning. Save that for another day.

Do you bother to make New Years Goals? I guess lots of people think that they’re silly, or are you like me and you like the idea of “starting fresh”? Let me know in the comments!

XOX
Sam

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll be successful at all the goals you set for yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete