Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Pinspiration: Halloween Edition

Well, I know it's pretty early, but I just can't wait any longer. Right now is just one of my favorite times of year! I absolutely love fall. Want to know what I love a little bit more than fall itself? You guessed it, Halloween! I seriously collect decor ideas year round for this fantastic holiday. This past year Nick and I were in the process of a life changing move from Traverse City to Southfield, so I didn't get to decorate or celebrate Halloween at all. *sad face* There were a few other things that trumped carving pumpkins, like, unpacking all of our belongings and trying to settle in to this crazy new routine before Harper was born. Wow, time flies!

When I am looking for decor ideas, I try to keep a theme in mind. This year I have chosen to go with a more modern and minimalist approach. Don't get me wrong, I love in-your-face decor, but I know we're going to be super busy with the move again this year, and I don't want to stress myself out by biting off more than I can chew with decorations. (
P.S. I've come to the very sad realization that we will most likely NOT be in our house by Halloween. Which means, another year without decorating. *saddest face ever*)

Anyways, I wanted to share some of my current favorite decoration ideas.



House 36
Nadia from House 36 has quite a few great (and cheap!) ideas to decorate for this holiday. I love the idea of swapping out some pictures around the house for creepy images of skulls, bats, spiders, etc. Really inexpensive way to make the home feel festive without going overboard! Can you even go overboard with Halloween decorations? I don't think so! Also, that striped candle, just a plain white one with electrical tape on it. So great!

House of Earnest

Erin from House of Earnest gives a simple DIY to create a creepy display out of a branch and some dollar store items. You could even wrap some books that you have lying around in black construction paper, or, better yet, brown kraft paper, for an even more natural vibe. I am also planning on putting some black branches in the vases I painted white.

in the fun lane
I really love how Holly from in the fun lane did a monochromatic theme for her Halloween decor. Very chic, if I do say so myself! While I will probably got a little lighter on the faux crows, I think they way it comes together looks so polished. If you check out her post you'll see some better pictures of the plates that are hanging on the wall above the mirror. They have what I'm assuming are vinyl decals on them. Super simple plus, once they could be swapped out if/when you got sick of them, but lets be real, I wouldn't ever get sick of those beauties! 

Pretty basic ideas, but they're inexpensive and very simple to DIY which is perfect in my book. Don't be surprised if a version 2.0 of this post makes it's debut in a few weeks once we get closer. 

So, what did you think? Do you have a favorite Holiday where you go "all out" with the decorations? 

Let me know in the comments below!

XO Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment